Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Accounts Payable Specialist
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Accounts Payable Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working in private or public industry in the accounts payable function dealing with increased levels of operational complexity and transaction volumes.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, this individual will be an integral member of the accounting team. This individual will be a significant contributor to the accounting close. These functions include ensuring the timely and accurate payment of all vendor invoices, responsible for overall accounts payable close, and supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close process. In addition, this position will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Accounting Supervisor on the processes and policies that promote scalability, and provide support of quarterly review and annual audit process.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, able to effectively communicate with customers within the organization and vendors, and have the prior work experience to immediately contribute to the accounting close and Account Payable processes.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for major areas of the accounting function:
- Owns certain accounts related to accounts payable
- Perform computerized processes in the accounts payable function, including but not limited to the following:
- Process vendor’s invoices and reimbursement requests for payments. Match invoices to purchase orders, verifies invoice approval, and ascertain that all proper documentation is provided.
- Code payables with general ledger account and reimbursement requests and project and program codes; enter invoices into the NetSuite AP module.
- Send invoices out for approval using DocuSign.
- Verify timely process of payments in Bill.com on approved invoices. Ascertain that all invoice documentation matches the checks issued. Maintain a continuous check register in Bill.com.
- Post AP batches (invoices and checks) in Bill.com upon Managers approval.
- File all accounts payable checks, invoices, documents on a daily or a weekly basis.
- Maintain and update vendor files by payee categories (consultant or service providers, credit cards, staff reimbursements, regular vendors, vendor W-0 information, etc.) in alphabetical sequence
- Prepare 1099’s annually
- Review and reconcile vendor’s monthly statements
- Reconciles the accounts payable subsidiary ledger to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Provides excellent customer service to all staff, vendors, and contacts of the company; ability to communicate effectively
- Performs a variety of general office work using standard office equipment
- Participates in activities that further professional growth of self
- Cross-train and perform other functions in the Finance Department as directed by the A/P Supervisor
Desired Skills and Background
- 3-5+ years of experience working in the general accounts payable function and performing the monthly close for private and public industry. Associate degree or higher is a plus.
- General knowledge of accounting practices, including processing invoices for payment, journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Public company experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems. Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
- Knowledge of Bill.com and DocuSign is a plus
- Strong computer skills; Excel and Word (intermediate level).
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
- Accounts payable function in life science industry is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.