Application Support Scientist – EMEA
Location: EMEA - Leiden office
At 10x Genomics we innovate constantly, empowering our customers to discover new biology with previously unimagined breath, depth and accuracy.
As an in-house Application Support Scientist based in our Leiden office in the Netherlands you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience. As a key member of the Support Team you will assist in the development and continuous improvement of commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are supported beyond their expectations.
- Provide technical advice and mentoring. Assist in applications troubleshooting for both our Field Applications Team and Customers. Give scientific guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate 10x products. Log and manage customer issues using 10x's case tracking database.
- Manage the escalation process. Hold peer-level consultations with Scientists at top academic, research and corporate institutions
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience.
- Capture lessons learned. Own the Knowledgebase, FAQs and other knowledge-based tools. Tribal knowledge is documented
- Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers. Own the Support pages of the website
Required Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills
Desired Skills and Background
- Customer Support experience preferred.
- Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Hands on Illumina library preparation and troubleshooting highly desirable
- NGS data analysis desirable
- SFDC experience highly desirable