Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and industry. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, this individual will be a business partner to our sales and operations teams and will collaborate with management to implement important operational accounting and reporting processes to support the fast growth of the company. This individual will assume direct responsibility for the accounting close process, drive the annual audit, and run the daily accounting functions.
Individuals applying for this position must be a licensed CPA or chartered accountant, a self-starter, strategic thinker and problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and can provide immediate contribution to the accounting department.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing these accounting and reporting functions:
- Set and enforce accounting policies and controls.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual close and consolidation process. Partner with cost center/department managers from the Business Units on month-end close for accounting related information as well as understand business drivers that impact the financial results.
- Review account reconciliations and perform variance analysis.
- Drive annual audits including interactions with external auditors.
- Design and document operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Manage an accounting staff including selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the accounting functions.
- Perform system implementations/enhancements including active participation in the assessment of future plans for a new ERP system and the implementation of modules for NetSuite.
- Responsible for the overall management of the general ledger, foreign entity consolidations, and the review of journal entries.
- Own the preparation of consolidated financial statements and select footnotes.
- Conduct initial research of accounting issues including special projects (SOX, SEC reporting, SW upgrades, etc).
- Assist the Corporate Controller with technical accounting issues such as stock based compensation, M&A, and new accounting standards.
Required Skills and Background
- 10+ years of experience with at least 4 years as an Accounting Manager with complete responsibility for the preparation of consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements
- BA Accounting or related degree
- Small to mid-sized company experience – public or private
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Experience in SEC filings the preparation of S-1 is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and preparation of footnotes. Preparation of statutory reports and experience in preparing 10Qs and 10Ks is highly desirable
- Sarbanes Oxley & associated controls monitoring and testing
- Must have been responsible for the management and development of an accounting staff of 4 or more, covering all GL, fixed assets, investments, AR, AP, and payroll functions
- ASC 718 and employee stock options management. Solium experience a plus.
- Inter-company transactions and consolidations experience
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems and experience in ERP implementations is a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of accounting practices & policies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.