Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst / Senior Analyst
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing applications. The core technology combines advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst / Senior Analyst
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Financial Systems & Business Intelligence Analyst, reporting to Senior Director of FP&A. This position is a hybrid of financial planning & commercial analysis and system savvy data analytics covering data collection, analysis and report design, with approximately 50% financial/commercial analysis and 50% reporting and system related work. The ideal candidate has an FP&A background with strong system skills, and can bring analytical rigor, business intelligence, and report writing skills to enhance our dashboards and other analytic capacity to drive the business forward. The candidate will interact with various functional organizations.
Individuals applying for this position must be analytical, critical thinkers who can see the bigger business picture but at the same time detail-oriented with efficient report development skills and must be action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Analyze complex business problems using data from multiple internal systems and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to identify key influencers, ahead of the curve, to our fast-paced business
- Design, maintain and deliver key performance dashboards and financial metrics/reports, through automation. This includes;
- Work cross-departmentally to create specifications for reports and analysis, automate and develop schedules for KPI metrics, and ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met
- Develop, implement and optimize data management processes to design elegant reporting and analytics solutions
- Evaluate and resolve for integrity of data interfaces, mapping and data field usage among different systems, as needed, in order to support the above tasks
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business administration
- Additional degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Business Analytics or related field
- Finance and/or Marketing background
- Demonstrated hands on experience with reporting tools (Qlik and/or Tableau are strongly preferred) and Excel
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information
- 3-5 years of Business Intelligence experience with an emphasis on analytical and reporting tools with databases, including data visualization, quantitative analysis and logical reasoning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and query languages, such as SQL
- ERP, CRM and simple databases experience (NetSuite and com – desirable)
- Experience working with DataMart development, data mappings
- The ability to engage in active dialogue with enterprise stakeholders and data providers is central to success in this role
- Basic understanding and experience applying statistics to business problems
Desired Skills and Background
- MBA a plus
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.