Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking a motivated, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our growing Supply Chain team as a Buyer. This individual will have primary responsibilities of managing purchasing activities as well as identifying and driving various process improvement projects. The individual will report to Senior Manager Supply Chain and will have opportunities to interact with other teams such as Planning, Manufacturing, R&D, Finance and Marketing. This is a unique position with opportunities to gain broad exposure both internally and externally. Over the time, the individual will have opportunities to develop skills in various areas including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract negotiation and project management.
- Create and issue purchase orders based on demand planning or purchase requisitions
- Develop an efficient system to accurately track purchase requisition and purchase order status
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to optimize quality, service and cost
- Primary point of contact for supplier communication / issue resolutions related to purchase orders
- Manage supplier relationship and supplier performance metrics
- Identify and drive process improvements and ensure purchasing compliance
- Support sourcing activities for new product / service
- Support the implementation of future new ERP, P2P systems and features
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Science or Engineering major
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Great quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to think creatively to identify new and better solutions
- Organized, detail-oriented and a service mentality to internal customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to take up larger responsibility quickly
Desired Skills and Background
- Scientific training with good understanding on the materials being purchased in Life Sciences industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.