Channel Business Manager, APAC
Location: APAC Region, Singapore
We are looking for a Channel Business Manager to lead our growing team in the APAC. This role will report to the General Manager APAC. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of 10X Genomics commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales and profit objectives are met within designated territories and for the district overall.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and monitor the regional business plan to meet assigned revenue and strategic objectives.
- Work closely with Distributors’ Sales, Marketing and Support teams to develop regional tactics/programs and implement it effectively to increase market share and customer mind share
- Ensure that Distributors are well trained and have the appropriate staff strength and competency to cover all the existing opportunities within their territory.
- Motivate Distributors to over achieve their sales quota and provide best in class support for our customers
- Work at top levels within Key Accounts such as Genome Centers, Pharma accounts, Service Provider facilities, major core facilities and well-funded researchers in accounts and secure business for 10x Genomics
- Facilitate the quarterly business review of Distributor performance with the APAC GM. Put in place performance improvement strategy and plan for Distributors who are lagging in their performance against their annual quota/plan
- Coordinate leads generation activities with Regional Marketing Manager and Distributors to ensure strong pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Help to coordinate regional events e.g. conferences, user group meetings, seminars, workshops, seminar series etc
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the regional sales and marketing team to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Work with Marketing to ensure effective selling tools, marketing programs and lead generation activities.
- Provide general intelligence on key competitors
- Work with Business Development to source business development opportunities
- Present quarterly on regional progress at senior management meetings
- Facilitate forecasting calls to develop consistent forecasting methodology
- Facilitate the key account plan documents for viewing by management
- Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the region within assigned expense budgets
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- To drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Marketing, Technical Support) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Talent Acquisition - Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, and hire of resource to support forecasted sales targets
- Talent Development activities to ensure that the sales team has the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management - setting performance standards, setting realistic job goals, conducting performance appraisals, and disciplinary action
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring utilization and compliance in accordance with departmental policies and practices for Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Ensure that the company’s vision, mission and values are adhered at all times
Preferred Educational Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales, marketing or equivalent experience in the Life Science industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales management experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience managing and motivating sales professionals, setting and managing sales targets
- Must be able to build relationships at a very high level
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.