Channel Marketing Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Channel Marketing Manager
An expert in biotech equipment distributor networks, this role will understand the needs of 10X distributors globally and translate those needs into marketing strategies and tactics. Reporting into the Marketing Technologies leader and supporting the distribution sales team and regional marketing teams in APAC and EMEA, the role will create and manage a portal, communication plan and train global distributors on processes. This individual is ready and willing to “roll-up their sleeves” and work to generate value for the distributor network in APAC and EMEA.
- Use distribution expertise to represent needs of global distributor network with Product Management, Marcom and Marketing Technology teams
- Develop strategies and execute tactics that meet the needs of the distributor network, including content for them to utilize across multiple channels, including events, print, and digital assets
- Identify, implement, and support the deployment of new or existing marketing technologies to improve overall marketing performance, while managing our existing marketing technology infrastructure; this work will include gathering business requirements from distributors, selecting vendors, creating systems integration plans, designing systems, developing test plans and coordinating distributor network training and deployment.
- Leading efforts to define and implement frameworks for measuring, reporting and analyzing commercial results in partnership with key stakeholders across broader commercial team
- Advise analytics functions on data requirements necessary to perform desired analyses; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required data
- Partner cross-functionally on key projects or programs related to distributor network
- Manage Distributor Portal for digital asset management system
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics, CS, Data Analysis, Economics, or Business. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with 5-7 years of experience in channel management, distributor management or channel marketing role
- 3-5 years of marketing or channel experience in capital equipment
- Healthcare, life sciences, and biopharma consulting a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Proven ability to establish and leverage credibility and rapport with senior executives and peers
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems independently
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SFDC, digital asset management or portal management
- Based in the SF Bay Area