Location: Pleasanton Headquarters
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and driven commercial attorney to play a primary role in the company’s commercial efforts. Reporting to the General Counsel, this attorney will support 10x Genomics’ commercial and business development teams. The individual must thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative environment.
- Prepare, negotiate and administer standard company contracts including supply and services agreements, commercial and scientific collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, and license agreements
- Manage contract workflow process
- Advise internal commercial and business development team regarding complex business and contract issues such as contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks
- Negotiate with sophisticated counterparties, such as universities, research institutions, pharma, and biotechnology companies
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts
- Provide high level of customer satisfaction both internally and externally
- Work closely with the existing corporate legal team to support other projects as needed
Required Skills and Background
- JD degree and admitted to practice (preferably in California)
- BS in life sciences or related field; PhD preferred
- At least 5 years in a law firm and/or in-house advising on, drafting and negotiating agreements, including significant experience with transactions in the biotechnology industry
- Solid understanding of contracting in life science companies, including R&D and commercial contracts
- Licensing experience in the life science industry preferred
- Able to serve as a strong business partner who can integrate legal advice with business acumen and sound judgment
- Able to provide rapid and pragmatic solutions in urgent and demanding situations
- Able to think creatively, work independently, find solutions and think strategically
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to educate and support colleagues and clients
- Self-directed and proactive, comfortable executing on multiple projects independently and in collaboration with others
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.