Country Manager, Australia/New Zealand
Location: Remote - Australia/New Zealand
Country Manager (Australia and New Zealand)
We are looking for a Country Manager to lead our growing team in the Australia and New Zealand. This role will report to the General Manager of APAC. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of 10X Genomics commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales and profit objectives are met and exceeded within designated territories.
- Develop, implement and monitor the country plan to meet assigned objectives.
- Focus on developing, implementing and monitoring regular business reviews and quarterly growth plans with assigned channel partner/s
- Co-ordinate and facilitate communication and engagement with APAC Marketing team to ensure effective and consistent go-to-market strategy with the channel partner/s
- Ensure that channel partner/s are properly trained and resourced to carry out responsibilities. Leveraging their coaching skills to influence distributors throughout the entire sales cycle. Complies with legal training when working with channel partners
- Ensure that Distributors are well trained and have the appropriate staff strength and competency to cover all the existing opportunities within their territory.
- Motivate Distributors to over achieve their sales quota and provide best in class support for our customers
- Build relationships with all levels of distributors as well as directly with key customers and KOLs
- Execute regular pipeline reporting and forecasting calls with channel partner/s
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders and stakeholders and work to develop them into reference sites
- Lead and be responsible for the overall commercial activities in ANZ region, including sales, marketing, support, sales operations and finance thru direct reports and indirect reports
- Lead ANZ sales team members to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Manage and track opportunities diligently using SFDC. Build ANZ territory business plan on Quip and have monthly reviews with APAC management team
- Perform research with the support of ISS team and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Country leader to champion country requirements and mindshare in order to build a foundation for long term growth
- Ensure a high level of liaison with APAC Marketing, Support and Finance teams to ensure coordination of activities and successful implementation of APAC strategy and common goals.
- Coordinate leads generation activities with Regional Marketing Manager and Distributors to ensure strong pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Help to coordinate regional events e.g. conferences, user group meetings, seminars, workshops, seminar series etc
- Identify, elevate brand awareness and increases market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities through various strategies
- Inspire and motivate team members to achieve projected sales and profit plans
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly business reviews for performance monitoring and corrective actions
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Ensure that the company’s vision, mission and values are adhered at all times
Preferred Educational Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales, marketing or equivalent experience in the Life Science industry. Experience in genomics segment sales and marketing will be a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of sales management experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience managing and motivating sales and marketing professionals, setting and managing sales targets
- Must be able to build relationships at a very high level
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills