Data Warehouse Engineer
Location: Pleasanton HQ
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Data Warehouse Engineer
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for implementation of Enterprise wide Data Warehouse playing a key role in reporting landscape, Data lake. This position is responsible for performing data analysis and data visualization activities across multiple business groups. He or she will lead all aspects of Datawarehouse implementation, support. He or she will analyze, transform, and interpret data for the development of insights, reports, visualizations and dashboards.
- Industry standard best practices to analyze cross functional data and provide insights to business teams
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders to help them gain insights to prioritize internal initiatives with the largest impact and make sure their decisions are as informed as possible
- Support business processes, provides automated solutions, manages information storage and retrieval, links the Data and Business architecture.
- understand current and emerging technologies and align applications with business priorities.
- Build quality "back-end" solutions that prepare for growth in both data volume and concurrent usage
- To develop a business intelligence strategy and enable data-driven decision making across the company
- Develop procedures to extract-transform-load from various data sources
- Master data management
- Contribute to and care about data quality efforts, ensuring data accuracy and transparency for our stakeholders
- Administer databases and install required upgrades and patches
- Help the team to maintain all required documentation for data warehouse best practices
- Help the team ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Data Warehouse platforms, ETL
- High proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their applications
- Working knowledge with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Good communication and presentation skills and must have the ability to work with people in various groups and departments both IT and business
- Experience with semi and unstructured data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Amazon Redshift)
- Familiarity with Azure, APS, MDX, Hadoop, Spark, Hive is helpful
- Familiarity with GraphDB tools like neo4j
- Familiarity with integration tools like Dell Boomi, Workato
- Comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum environment, and interacting with internal clients
- Experience in any of programming languages like Python highly preferred
- Understanding of web technologies (like APIs and HTTP) and popular web formats (like JSON and HTML)
- Experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, JIRA, or equivalent systems
- Ability to develop technical documentation for training and user procedures
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.