Director, Commercial FP&A
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Director, Commercial FP&A
Reporting to the VP of FP&A, this role will partner with the Chief Commercial Officer and the Commercial leadership team to provide value-added financial and decision support for the Sales, Marketing & Customer Support organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing reporting and analysis on bookings, revenue, and expense against prior periods, forecasts and budgets. This is a highly visible role and a key position in the Finance team.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Deliver monthly revenue, total shippable bookings and Commercial expense actuals and forecasts for the 10x business. Collaborate closely with Corporate FP&A to ensure sales planning and forecasting activities align to the overall corporate timing and assumptions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business goals/objectives, to understand the root causes of variances and provide insightful, fact-based data analysis and scenario modeling to drive strategic and growth initiatives and influence business decisions of business leaders.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to develop sales compensation plans to drive targeted selling behavior. Manage commissions documentation, calculations and payments across the sales organization.
- Lead Commercial financial reviews with senior business and finance leaders. Anticipate questions and advise on corrective actions based on financial insight.
- Proactively partner and engage with key leaders and cross-functional partners to drive improved insight into the business, by refining or developing new KPI’s or scorecards that drive organizational accountability and performance.
- Support the finance cadence of the business for quarterly business reviews, monthly reporting, forecasts and the annual planning cycle in alignment with Corporate FP&A timelines by communicating required deliverables clearly and facilitating reviews with senior leaders in a timely manner.
- Help drive innovation by actively seeking opportunities to simplify reporting and enhance delivery methods. Improve efficiency and effectiveness of finance activities through automation within the confines of available tools.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing team to implement new product pricing and price changes, manage pricing operations including customer price lists and system pricing.
- Distributor contract compliance and reporting.
- Participate and support system implementations and upgrades, as needed.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and policies or guidelines are adhered to.
- Mentor and train analysts.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with moving from data gathering, through focused analysis, to clear, accurate, concise and compelling story telling of key business drivers and business insights.
- Ability to provide executive-grade accurate financial data/information focused on driving business decisions.
- Proven track record in leading FP&A and Sales Finance activities in a fast growing, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 15+ of Finance and/or Accounting experience.
- High level of Excel knowledge with the ability to use pivot tables, write complex formulas and perform modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to manage to tight deadlines and prioritize workloads with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both strategically and at a detailed operational level.
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and organize complex information.
- Curious, self-starter who consistently takes the initiative to address questions and build new processes/structures.
Preferred Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or MBA.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Adaptive Insights software.
- Experience with setting and managing pricing for products.
- Life Sciences or Biotech industry experience.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/