Director Corporate Strategy & Business Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Director Corporate Strategy and Business Development
The Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development will serve as a key member of the Corporate & Business Development team, working in partnership with cross functional partners and the executive management team to drive and implement long term growth strategies for 10x. This position will play a leading role in shaping and refining the company strategy, and will additionally be responsible for the evaluation and management of new and existing strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances in support of 10x’s Commercial organization.
- Support strategy development. In conjunction with the team, drive development of long-term and short-term strategies to advance 10x Genomics’ positioning in the marketplace, and work with key stakeholders across the company to continuously enhance process for strategy development/strategic planning.
- Drive implementation of key initiatives. Partner with key functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities. Collaborate with business and functional leaders to ensure seamless hand-off of strategic initiatives.
- Support opportunity prioritization. Collaborate with Strategic Marketing and R&D to build buy-in on corporate-level priorities. Analyze options, create scenarios and build recommendations that support business decisions.
- Execution of partnerships. Source and effectively negotiate successful outcomes for potential commercial and strategic partnerships, collaborations, etc. Set the framework for, and construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet 10x’s strategic and financial objectives, while interfacing with cross functional 10x team members such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
- Collaborate on market assessments. Partner with Marketing to drive strategic market assessments across all business fields, regions, and customer segments in a structured manner.
Required Skills and Background
- Minimum of advanced degree in genetics, genomics, or related field and/or MBA with 7+ years of experience in the life sciences, genomics, or biopharmaceutical industries.
- Strong scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), and/or molecular diagnostics; oncology expertise (including immuno-oncology) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in conducting financial analysis and championing the business case with Senior Management.
- Track record of driving agreements to execution including structuring and leading negotiations.
- Strategic thinker who can help chart the course for the company, with demonstrated success defining the vision, strategies, and tactics to drive growth.
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%.
- Please submit deal sheet together with resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.