Director, External Reporting
Location: Pleasanton, CA
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as our External Reporting Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in SEC external reporting having worked in both public accounting and industry. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, this individual will collaborate with management, internal and external legal, investor relations and external auditors to deliver the external reporting financial statements of the company as well as management discussion and analysis.
Individuals applying for this position must be a licensed CPA, a self-starter, strategic thinker and problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and can provide immediate contribution to the external reporting area.
The External Reporting Director will be responsible for managing the external reporting function:
- Research and implement technical accounting issues.
- Partner on earnings release with investor relations.
- Own the preparation of consolidated financial statements and footnotes.
- Assist in the running of the Disclosure Committee.
- Assist the Corporate Controller on mergers and acquisitions related issues and integration.
Skills and Requirements
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years performing and owning the External Reporting function at a public company
- BA Accounting or related degree
- Small to mid-sized public company experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Must have been responsible for running the entire external reporting process including press release process.
- Recent technical accounting experience.
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven track record in making improvements in the external reporting function
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.