Director, Field Application Scientist – AMR
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Director, Field Applications Scientist
The Field Applications Scientist Director is a leadership position within the Global Support Team, and has principal oversight duties for the District FAS managers and their teams. This role is under the mentorship of the VP of Global Support and Sales Operations, and will have overall responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion and focal review, and reporting.
- Proven ability to lead a large team of 50-60.
- Participate in the leadership team for support, principally providing feedback on support strategies and planning.
- Participate in the leadership for the Global Commercial team, building and maintaining relationships across functions, districts and global regions.
- Work closely with the AMR Sales Director to manage escalations and team dynamics.
- Keep the FAS district teams appraised of the support strategies and activities.
- Oversight of recruitment and screening of candidates for FAS districts, with additional review activities across the Global Team to ensure team consistency.
- Mentor FAS mangers in leadership and facilitate continuous improvement of our support processes.
- Audit and guide timely data capture for reporting purposes.
- Report field support trends and metric driven areas for improvement.
- Travel with FAS team members to directly understand and improve the 10x customer experience.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Act as an escalation resource for FAS managers and team members for difficult situations or customers.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Develop and refine scalable field support processes consistent with the 10x support strategy.
- Develop staffing plans to support the 10x support strategy backed by metric rationalization.
Desired Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- 8 years customer facing experience preferred.
- 5 years of management experience preferred.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, biochemistry. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrix team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with SFDC software.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer experience.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%.
- Located in the SF Bay Area, or willingness to re-locate preferred.