Director, Global Distribution
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Director, Global Distribution
We are looking for a leader in global logistics to drive and deploy global distribution strategy that meets the needs of the company. As the Director of Global Distribution, the individual will work with business partners across the company to develop global distribution strategies, identify global distribution partners, and, implement logistics processes to support all internal and external logistics activities. This individual will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for transportation and warehousing service improvement, develop new capabilities and solutions to support global business expansion.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Manage internal logistics function as well as external logistics partners
- Primary subject matter expert in Logistics’ process and technology globally. Serves as the lead in developing global logistics roadmaps, capabilities, solutions, and prioritize global projects.
- Collaborates with, and influences, key stakeholders to identify, align and execute strategic plans that deliver on efficiency targets through standardize Logistics process and technology.
- Primary subject matter expert in freight forwarding, import export compliance, 3PL and warehousing system implementation
- Manage distribution warehouse budget and develop strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk
- Participate in global ERP implementation; development and implements industry standard processes for warehousing and logistics automation.
- Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of process and technology through documentation, training, automation, and process controls.
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS in focus in Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain, IT or related fields.
- 10+ years of in-depth knowledge and expertise within Logistics
- Technical experience in warehouse management systems, Oracle WMS cloud preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interact across geographies and organizational levels
- Ability to influence and negotiate at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to effectively train external and internal users of new processes or technologies
- Ability to problem solve using data
- Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.