Director of Asia Pacific Manufacturing and Supply Chain
10x Genomics is a fast growing, multi-national, California based company building revolutionary tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novelmicrofluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
General Manager / Director, Asia Pacific Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Singapore
We are looking for a leader to help us expand our manufacturing and supply chain globally beginning with the start-up and management of an advanced biologics and microfluidics manufacturing operation in Singapore. The General Manager will help drive and deploy our manufacturing and supply chain strategy to fuel the rapid growth of our customers and sales in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific Rim geographies. As the GM/Director of Asia Singapore Manufacturing and Supply Chain, the individual will work with business partners across the company to identify and develop global manufacturing and supply chain partners and suppliers, and implement standardized processes to support all internal and external Manufacturing and Supply Chain activities. This individual will also be responsible for working with the global operations team in identifying opportunities for transportation and warehousing service improvement and to develop new capabilities and solutions to support global business expansion.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Start-Up and manage the Singapore Manufacturing and Supply Chain operations factory as well as external manufacturing and logistics partners.
- Build and provide site management and leadership for a team of up to 50 or more professional chemists, biologists, engineers, and other production, planning, procurement, logistics, and support personnel.
- Be a subject matter expert in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes of clean room production / formulation, dispensing, labeling, kitting, and providing consistent supply chain cold storage (to -80) of chemical and biological assays and advanced microfluidics cards and other technologies.
- Lead in developing and implementing roadmaps, capabilities, solutions, and prioritizing global projects such as ERP deployment and usage in Singapore.
- Collaborate with and influence key stakeholders to identify, align, and execute strategic plans that deliver on efficiency and quality targets through standardized processes and technology.
- Manage Singapore Operations budget and develop strategies to assure lowest overall cost while delivering highest quality, fastest response, and mitigation of any supply risk.
- Actively participate in the development and continuous improvement of process and technology through documentation, training, automation, and process controls
- Communicate and embody the company Vision and Values
- Oversee Quarterly Business Reviews of performance against goals and metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Set employee goals and objectives and manage staff for optimum performance
- Supervise direct reporting staff according to overall company policy
- Negotiation for opportunities and mediation skills to resolve conflicts
- Build up the Singapore Operations team by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent
- Define and implement policies and performance standards
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed
- Build a culture of Accountability, Alignment, Quality, Safety, Communication, and Speed
Required Skills and Background:
- MS/PHD in Chemistry or Biology or equivalent work experience with 10+ years managing a large laboratory /manufacturing operation making advanced assays and solutions
- MBA preferred with extensive knowledge of Life Science business practices and financial management of Standard Costs and operating processes
- Technical experience in deploying and managing an Oracle cloud ERP or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated Leadership ability to be the Site General Manager and to interact across geographies and organizational levels
- Ability to influence and negotiate at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to identify and recruit exceptional talent and to organize and motivate a team
- Ability to effectively train external and internal users of new processes or technologies
- Ability to problem solve using data
- Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.