Director of Global Distribution & Commercial Partners
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
The Director of Global Distribution & Commercial Partners will be responsible for developing and driving the overall sales strategy within the non-direct sales channel network globally. Responsibilities will include identifying, on-boarding and training new distribution and commercial partners, establish monitor performance metrics, develop and implement pricing strategies, conduct quarterly business reviews, collaboration with marketing regarding promotional activities and tools, support and coordination of partner trade shows, managing contracts, and development of new business channels.
- Develop and execute strategies for building relationships with global commercial partners and distributors.
- Work closely with the Commercial team and Executive Management to leverage and develop pivotal relationships at key accounts.
- Identify new areas for global market penetration, gather feedback from client base, and identify resources needed to further support our global customers.
- Liaise and interact with global field teams including coordination across commercial functions to ensure strategic alignment. Plan execution for continued success of the business.
- Provide competitive benchmarking and positioning
- Create annual marketing campaigns to drive performance in the annual operating plan
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings, and other activities to support growth
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years work experience within Life Sciences, Biotech, or Diagnostics in a global commercial capacity with a strong understanding of Academic, Pharmaceutical and Biotech customer segments
- 5+ years customer related experience in Sales, Business Development, Market Development, or Distributor Development roles
- Strategic thinker: ability to create strategy and adapt to grow faster than the market
- Proven track record managing multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and executing on time
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, collaboration and negotiation capabilities
- Effective presentation and communication skills with industry professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment
- Willingness to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with and without formal authority
- Willingness to travel extensively domestically and internationally