Director, Operations Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Director, Operations Development
The Director of Operations Development will be responsible for the planning and management of programs to expand and maintain 10x Genomics’ operational infrastructure.
- Work across functional teams to establish current and projected operational requirements. Analyze and research options and component solutions that meet the business needs of the company. Make proposals to Senior Staff, and upon approval, directly manage the development and implementation of those programs.
- The scope of programs will range from facilities requirements for manufacturing and distribution, global expansion of operations – including the development of offshore capabilities. Tech transfer of production, QC and warehousing to offshore or remote domestic locations. Implementation of data management systems, such as MES, ERP. Capacity analysis and budgeting. Transfer and integration of acquired technology.
- This person will need to be highly experience in the manufacturing operations of a Life Science company. Also, will need to be collaborative in order to gather comprehensive requirements, research options, and perform thorough analysis. Will need to work closely with Facilities, Manufacturing, Product and Process Development, outside vendors, consultants, and economic development agencies from various countries. This person will also have a track record scaling successful companies and delivering high quality results on schedule.
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in engineering, chemistry or chemical engineering, and preferable an MBA in the relevant areas.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing operations. Has managed and developed several of the following functions – production, quality control, materials planning, warehousing, distribution, product development, tech transfer.
- Experience in developing offshore operations.
- Track record of hiring and developing world class teams.
- Broad range of technical knowledge in the various scientific and engineering disciplines that support the development and manufacturing of 10x products.
- Collaborative and effective work style. Analytical and organized in managing diverse project types.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic planning and budgeting. Alignment with corporate objectives.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.