District Sales Manager – EMEA (Central Region)
Location: Remote - EMEA region
We are looking for a District Sales Manager to lead our growing team in the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). This role will report to the VP Sales & Support Sales for EMEA and manage a team of Sales Executives with approximately 4-6 reports. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of 10X Genomics commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales and profit objectives are met within designated territories and for the district overall.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and monitor the district business plan to meet assigned revenue and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the district sales team to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the district within assigned expense budgets
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- To drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Marketing, Technical Support) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Talent Acquisition - Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, and hire of resource to support forecasted sales targets
- Talent Development activities to ensure that the sales team has the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management - setting performance standards, setting realistic job goals, conducting performance appraisals, and disciplinary action
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring utilization and compliance in accordance with departmental policies and practices for Salesforce.com (SFDC)
Preferred Educational & Experience Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales, marketing or equivalent experience in the Life Science industry, including capital equipment sales
- A minimum of 3 years of sales management experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience in hiring the best talent, building teams, managing and motivating sales professionals, setting and managing sales targets
- Must be able to build relationships at a very high level
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- Multilingual skills an advantage
- Excellent written and oral English skills required