District Sales Manager, Southcentral
Location: Remote - Southcentral
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
District Sales Manager: Southcentral Region
We are seeking District Sales Manager candidates in multiple locations for a field sales-based position responsible for managing Sales Executives in the Southcentral region.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and monitor the district business plan to meet assigned revenue and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the district sales team to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the district within assigned expense budgets
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- To drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Marketing, Technical Support) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Talent Acquisition - Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, and hire of resource to support forecasted sales targets
- Talent Development activities to ensure that the sales team has the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management - setting performance standards, setting realistic job goals, conducting performance appraisals, and disciplinary action
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring utilization and compliance in accordance with departmental policies and practices for Salesforce.com (SFDC)
Preferred Educational & Experience Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales, marketing or equivalent experience in the Life Science industry, including capital equipment sales
- A minimum of 3 years of sales management experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience in hiring the best talent, building teams, managing and motivating sales professionals, setting and managing sales targets
- Must be able to build relationships at a very high level
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.