EMEA Events & Marcom Coordinator
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
EMEA Events & Marcom Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced events person who will coordinate and manage logistics of both internal and external activities in the EMEA region. Based in our Leiden office in the Netherlands you will be responsible for the planning, execution and reporting on a wide range of activities including trade shows, conferences, customer events, webinars, VIP events, corporate team meetings, and any other event/activity as required. In addition, you will support development of regional marketing communications materials with guidance from HQ.
This is an exciting role for the right creative individual to apply your knowledge of the life science industry conference circuit to help grow our company.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and follow-up for all lead generation events
- Coordinate event logistics, contracts, attendee registrations, collateral/material needs, quantity, production, shipping, distribution, installation, and dismantling
- Work with Global Marketing to ensure we are on-brand
- Manage event budget and vendors including facilities, catering, shipping, graphics, printing, giveaways, and anything else needed to facilitate event execution
- Track pertinent deadlines relevant to events and conferences, including booking dates, payment, cancellation, material receipt, installation/dismantle and others
- Manage both internal and outside vendors for promotional and print inventory and shipping
- Work with the Regional Marketing team to determine event budget and manage expenses within budget
- Work with Sales Management to identify staffing for events
- Prepare pre-event briefings and host pre-show meetings to prep staff
- Prepare post-event reports, ROI analysis and conduct internal/external post-show surveys
- Schedules travel, facilitates conference registration and coordination
- Manage tasks, teams, and reports using JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce and Pardot and/or any other tools deployed from HQ
- Support marketing and advertising strategy development, including documenting priorities and tactics.
- Coordinate with agencies to conduct assessments of competitive creative/campaign activities.
- Support creative development and delivery of assets for multi-media campaigns
- Work with colleagues and/or external agencies to monitor detailed schedules for creative development milestones and production; help monitor critical milestones as well as creative reviews with senior management to insure timely release of assets to media agency.
- Support and coordinate distribution of relevant content within paid and unpaid media, creation of test materials needed for research studies and delivery of final creative assets for media placement.
- Ensure that creative is developed and delivered in appropriate formats per media plan.
- Act as back up for an administrative assistant as needed for meeting scheduling, responding to department level requests, etc.
Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of global life science industry conferences and events required
- Previous experience in life science tools and genomics technology is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite (Mail, Calendar), Concur, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce, Pardot (or other marketing automation system), WebEx Meeting and Event Center
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality managing sensitive projects
- Knowledge of travel booking, with experience coordinating large group itineraries
- Extremely organized, able to multitask with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and maintain composure during tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, executive leadership and industry KOL’s
- Work requires frequent travel, including evenings and weekends, and attendance at events
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.