Engineer / Designer / Drafter
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Engineer / Designer / Drafter
10x is seeking an outstanding individual to join its growing Engineering and Product Development team in developing new technologies, devices and instrumentation for breakthrough next generation sequencing (NGS) applications. These instruments may consist of a combination of motors, actuators, pumps, valves, relays, regulators, cameras, sensors, and temperature controllers and will process various types of biological samples.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions.
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing.
- Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner.
- Assemble electro/optical/mechanical sub-systems and perform troubleshooting.
Required Skills and Background
- Associate's Degree with min 4 years of work experience or Bachelor’s Degree with min 2 years work experience
- Minimum 2 years of SolidWorks industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- Takes initiative to contribute in design review meetings.
- If needed, interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues.
- Good knowledge of ASME Y14.100/ASME Y14.500 Dimension and Tolerancing Standard (GDT).
Desired Skills and Background
- Proficient in SolidWorks and EPDM/PDMWorks
- Experienced in generating mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic document control systems (ECO process)
- Experience with injection molded part design
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.