Engineer, Instrument Systems
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Engineer, Instrument Systems
10x is seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our team as an Instrument Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automation engineering, and ideally has worked in a manufacturing setting. This individual will work alongside the manufacturing and process development teams and will maintain existing robotic systems used in the manufacturing of 10x Genomics reagent products. In addition, this individual will be a part of a team supporting the fast growth of the company. This individual will perform calibration, maintenance and qualification of equipment and will ensure day to day operations can occur smoothly.
Individuals applying for this position must have experience programming fluid-handling robotic systems. In addition, they should be action driven, flexible in changing direction and strategy, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple competing priorities, have excellent communication skills, work well in cross functional teams, and provide an immediate contribution.
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance of equipment used in reagent manufacturing and QC.
- Responsible for gathering and reporting key metrics relating to automation equipment utilization, failure modes, up-time and availability.
- Responsible for qualifying incoming equipment and processes for reagent manufacturing operations: IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Assist in programing commercial fluid handling equipment for production biochemistry processes.
Required Skills and Background
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, pure or applied sciences, or related fields
- 2 years of industry experience
- Proven track record of success programming control commands for liquid handling robotic systems as an individual contributor: Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman-Coulter, Agilent etc.
- Experience with Bioassay development.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience working with scheduling software (Overlord, Green-button Go, etc.)
- Experience successfully integrating 3rd party devices into robotic liquid handling systems
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, LabView, C# or C++
- Experience working in development for commercial manufacturing.
- Experience taking new systems through Development and Transfer processes.
- Experience working in cleanroom environment.