Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as a EH&S Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong Safety and Health background having demonstrated performance in maintaining and managing EH&S functions in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry. The individual shall be capable of developing, implementing, and coordinating all safety and environmental functions according to corporate policy to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Design EHS procedures specific to the Biotech and Pharmaceutical industry to include:
- Injury and Illness Prevention
- Emergency Action Plan
- Chemical Hygiene
- Biosafety in Microbiological Laboratories
- Hazardous Materials (chemical and biological)
- Ensure a safe work environment and that all practices are in compliance with company and governmental regulations
- Execute excellent safety and environmental practices on a daily basis
- Identify and monitor potential hazards and determine appropriate mitigation technique
- Assisting company with Regulatory Inspections to include (Joint Commission, OSHA, CUPA, Medical Waste, Radiation, Controlled Substance, Fire Department, Storm Water, EPA, and BAAQMD)
- Developing and delivering First Aid, CPR, and Emergency Response training, drills, and programs
- Responsible for safety incident investigation and reporting
- Supervise and/or mentor junior staff
- Assist Facility Manager in preparing annual budgets
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelors’ of Science degree in a Science discipline or Environmental Engineering and relevant experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Minimum seven years’ experience as an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
- Demonstrated experience in hazardous waste management and practices
- Customer service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of ISO 14001 Quality Management Program
- Knowledge of OSHA, HAZMAT, EPA, DOT and other governmental agencies that may apply to processes or equipment used in the Biotech industry
- Excellent verbal and written communications
Desired Skills and Background
- Demonstrated knowledge of biosafety in microbiological and biomedical laboratories
- Demonstrated experience in handling hazardous waste and medical waste
- Certified to train First Aid / CPR / AED courses is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.