Executive Assistant to the CEO
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
The 10X culture is fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to expanding the ways we explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
This role will report directly to the CEO. The ideal candidate should be viewed as indispensable and integral member of the CEO’s team.
Individuals applying for this position must possess outstanding cognitive and communication skills. Exceptional Emotional Intelligence is critical. Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire trust is required. Successful candidates will be curious, self-starters, problem solvers and action oriented. The candidate must be flexible to change in direction and approaches on a regular basis, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities and projects concurrently, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and make an immediate contribution. The role is based on-site at the Pleasanton office.
Ability to work proactively and support the CEO including but not limited to:
- Anticipate and manage all administrative aspects for the CEO, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrate strong cognitive skills, commitment and confidence without arrogance. Ideal candidate will ask clarifying questions around tasks and role responsibilities and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are accomplished seamlessly and quietly. The ability to juggle multiple tasks are priorities is required. Commitment and execution are required for this role every day of the week.
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. The ideal candidate should be extremely intuitive and understand and embody our culture. The ability to “see around corners” understanding the unspoken needs of the CEO, responding to subtle cues and react appropriately is critical. The incumbent must quickly grasp what “makes Serge tick” – work preferences, strengths and weaknesses, and how-to best assist, adapt and/or accommodate as needed. Exceptional timing and judgement are important for this role.
- Must demonstrate an exceptional level of confidentiality and inspire trust not only with the CEO but also employees at all levels in the organization. Dependability and reliability are key characteristics for this role. The ability to build bridges throughout the organization is of paramount importance. The ideal candidate should act as an extension of the CEO and his/her management team.
- Must boost the productivity of the CEO – not only through the items mentioned above but also through a demonstrated ability to read complex setting, recognize and respond to challenging people and circumstances at all levels within the company. Problem Solving - identify, define and implement solutions that enhance the “running” of the CEO’s office and consider the broader implications of solutions and actions. The ability to assume projects on behalf of the CEO would be ideal. Table stakes: Optimization of the CEO’s calendar ensuring that all meetings are scheduled appropriately and begin and end on time.
- Adaptability and poise, the ability to adapt and change along in a seamless manner is essential for success in this role. Calm and collected during real-time changes and in a crisis are important.
- Intellectual Curiosity is also important. The successful candidate will believe in our mission but will also be curious about our business and how work gets done at 10x. The ability to understand our business and how it works, will make the individual in this critical role more valuable.
- Technical Skills – Outstanding, technical and analytical skills will be important for success in this role.
The ideal candidate:
- 8-10 years of previous experience supporting a CEO or C-level Executive.
- Experience in a fast-paced high growth organization, preferable in either technology or life sciences.
- Exceptional administrative skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Calendars, Travel)
- The ability to travel 10% -15% is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Life Sciences is ideal