At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Utility player to ensure our working environment is operational and safe.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as a Facilities Technician. The ideal candidate will have a maintenance and laboratory support background having demonstrated proficient in light building maintenance tasks (e.g. moving items from storage, assisting moving of personnel, hanging of signage, metro rack building, and vendor escorting). Facility Technician will also be a supportive function for assisting the front desk admin with office supply stocking, supporting set up and take down of chairs and tables at company events.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Assist Front Desk Admin with various tasks, update status of work with them to close out work request.
- Transport supplies between 10x buildings and off-site storage.
- Open/Close daily work orders routed from work order system.
- Communicate/Coordinate with end users on work order tasks.
- Follow Up (post work) with end user to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with equipment/instrument moves as directed.
- Assist employees with office moves.
- Assist with general ongoing building maintenance (including, but not limited to light bulb replacement, wall patching/painting, lab bench modifications, sign hanging, shelving and rack building).
- Perform corrective actions per EHS observations.
- Perform monthly emergency shower testing, fire extinguisher monitoring, and AED monitoring.
- Escort and oversee onsite facility related vendors. Ensure vendors and contractors are acting in accordance with guidelines.
- Distribute and restock office supplies throughout the building. Assist with keeping inventory of current stock
- Setup / take down company events, moving chairs and tables.
To be successful, you will need:
- High school diploma
- 2 – 5 years working experience in facilities maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to understand and execute instructions and direction as given.
- Possess a strong customer service mindset.
- Demonstrated performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more facilities maintenance tasks (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Must be able to use basic tools (e.g. drill, wrench, screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, cutters, level, etc).
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, use hands to climb or balance, handle, talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk
- Ability to climb ladders, lift 50 pounds
- Valid California Driver’s License
Full training will be provided, but very helpful if you had:
- Demonstrated support in a manufacturing and laboratory environment