Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Senior Financial Analyst. This position will provide financial analysis that will help guide business decisions of Senior Leaders. The ideal candidate will have a strong planning and analysis background with an understanding of the fundamentals of general accounting.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Establish solid business partnership with various teams in an assigned function, e.g. Manufacturing, R&D, Commercial, or Corporate.
- Manage, improve and streamline the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the team, including operating expense, headcount, and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely month-end variance and management reporting. Create standardized reporting packages to effectively communicate relevant information.
- Provide analytical support and financial guidance to help with various business decisions. This includes developing new analyses and improving reports and metrics to better support business partners’ decision-making process.
- Develop ideas for process improvement for scaling the finance department and implement in collaboration with other FP&A team members.
Required Skills and Background
- 3 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling.
- Proven track record in business partner or corporate FP&A role.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills and Background
- MBA a plus
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.