Financial Systems Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Financial Systems Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Financial Systems Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong systems skills with both financial systems and functional Finance/FP&A background having worked in the life science industry. This is a key position within the Financial Planning and Analysis team that will contribute to the team’s success by owning and executing several deliverables. Financial Systems Manager’s primary responsibilities include NetSuite and Adaptive Insights Planning and Reporting Tool Administration and support other Finance business processes and systems. This reports into Senior Director, FP&A, with dotted line to Corporate Controller.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- NetSuite Finance support
- Front line support for the finance department. Assist finance end users in custom reports and dashboards to meet operational and audit needs. Support month-end close procedure and improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with functional business systems counterparts and IT. Gather the requirements and represent the needs of the Finance Department.
- Planning and reporting Tool Administrator
- Evaluate and implement finance tools. The current tool is Adaptive Application.
- Manage all aspects of Adaptive Application including:
- Actuals data loads from NetSuite, reconciling data between systems.
- Admin functions include configuration, support, maintenance and enhancement Adaptive applications, audit and maintain Adaptive user security.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Analyze FP&A business requirements and define tool design and functionality.
- Create Adaptive models including cube design, dimensions, subsets, links, usage/design, log files, and processes.
- Ownership of Budget / Forecast Adaptive Planning models. Create Budget / Forecast models, write standard and ad hoc reports, work with Analysts to update structure and security.
- Development and maintenance of systems documentation and training.
- Participate in ERP and Forecasting tool upgrade, and data warehouse projects, as a core finance team to drive for optimal systems capability and business processes per finance business requirements and ensure data integrity
- Provide the daily and weekly sales reports using BI tool as a back-up resource and collaborate with BI analyst to validate the data generated by automated BI reports periodically.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis and support FP&A team, as needed.
- Ownership of monthly close reporting to ensure daily data quality, write and maintain reports and reconciliations.
- Understand FP&A business processes and capabilities to translate to systems solutions. Work closely with IT to implement those solutions.
Required Skills and Background:
- S. in Finance and a minor in IT. MBA a plus.
- 7 years of work experience in the combination of Financial Systems and functional FP&A/Finance domains.
- Extensive experience with managing NetSuite and Adaptive Insights or similar Planning and Reporting Tool. Cognos Enterprise Planning (EP) Analyst or TM1 Performance Modeler experience a plus.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with reporting tools and SQL.
- Exceptional communications skills to influence and work with internal customers and IT.
- Good understanding of financial analysis, reporting and planning.
- Ability to think “outside the box.”
- Strong analytical systems and financial skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.