Location: Pleasanton, CA
We are looking for a creative and precise graphic designer to produce materials that communicate scientific/technical ideas to inspire, inform, and captivate customers. In this key role, project management skills are nearly as essential as creative chops. The Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to help shape our brand, creating assets to support all channels. The role will be responsible for supporting the global marketing team in the development of tradeshow/conference graphics, print collateral, presentations, posters, print advertisements, online banners, product packaging, field marketing tools, online marketing assets, etc. The ideal candidate must be able to easily transition between print and online design work and manage projects from inception to completion. Excellent project and time management skills are essential, along with exceptional attention to detail. Candidates must submit an online portfolio of work for consideration.
- Develop brochures, create online and print advertisements, design icons, manage photoshoots, manipulate images, and design technical illustrations and infographics.
- Create graphic assets from mockups and templates, to final print-ready production files or online media.
- Establish and maintain brand consistency by creating brand guidelines/guides and core templates
- Establish and roll-out creative intake structures and workflows, develop basic templates to streamline collateral development.
- Field creative intake from departments across the globe for internal/external collateral
- Lead the project design brief process to gather input from stakeholders including copywriters, web developers, product managers, event marketers, executive staff, field marketing, etc.
- Participate in creative team brainstorming meetings to create strong design concepts.
- Schedule project production timelines and manage project reviews with stakeholders.
- Carefully and precisely amend final designs based on client comments and gain full approval.
- Maintain accurate and thorough attention to detail and quality on all assets created.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Design, Marketing or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in graphic design and marketing
- A portfolio of creative outbound and technical collateral demonstrating your aesthetic and skill set
- Expert in the Adobe Suite and PowerPoint
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on team projects
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present and sell creative ideas
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Background
- Knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience developing and managing marketing programs in a scientific tools and/or software company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.