Head of Software Quality
Location: Pleasanton, CA
At 10x Genomics, we want ambitious, talented software engineers to join us in building revolutionary DNA sequencing technology. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. We are pursuing an enormous potential market with backing from tier-one venture investors.
While DNA sequencing technology has advanced rapidly, it’s still at a level equivalent to what assembly language was to computing, with huge advances yet to be made. 10x Genomics is creating products that will do for sequencing what C did for computing, bringing a leap in higher-order clarity and meaning to what is now very low-level information. Software is a key part of that leap. The scale and complexity of analyzing, managing, and visualizing DNA sequencing data means this is an area with no shortage of hard problems, where brilliant engineering still matters and can yield big payoffs.
We want computer scientists and engineers – not just programmers – who excel at creating elegant, practical solutions at every level from web APIs down to LLVM code optimization. We are developing performance-critical algorithms, highly parallel data analysis architectures, robust web applications, and rich user interfaces and visualizations deployed to desktop and cloud on legacy-free stacks.
If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Recruit top engineering talent to build a world class team for software quality.
- Challenge and develop the team both technically and in career growth.
- Work with engineering team to build robust, highly scalable test infrastructure.
- Work with field engineering team to respond to issues and improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive a culture of continuous quality throughout the software development process.
Desired Skills and Background
- BS/MS in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent.
- 15+ years in software testing or equivalent.
- 5+ years managing teams in software testing.
- Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests for packaged software and web applications.
- Working knowledge of Python, Bash, Linux, and Git.
- Extensive experience with unit/functional test automation tools and issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Extensive experience with continuous integration systems (Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis).
- Experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCE).
- Experience in Go, Rust, C/C++, and Node.js are pluses.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.