Head of Total Rewards
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Head of Total Rewards
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented Head of Total Rewards to join our team.
The Head of Total Rewards will be responsible for the development, design, operation, communication and administration of a progressive comprehensive global compensation and benefits strategy for 10X Genomics. The Head of Total Rewards will serve as the thought leader in developing solutions and innovative approaches to address all compensation and benefits issues, while ensuring programs are aligned with the goals of the organization, individual business units, and the human resources function. It is important that the new Head of Total Rewards provide strong leadership over the organization globally to help the organization attract, retain, motivate and reward key talent globally for years to come. The ideal candidate will have experience working on global programs, as well as possess board experience and a demonstrated background working with pre-IPO and post IPO organizations. In addition, the candidate will:
- Have full responsibility for the compensation and benefits strategy, plans, programs and activities. This will include leading the planning, design, implementation, communication and delivery of worldwide compensation and benefits programs, including executive, equity, broad-based and international compensation; US benefits; international benefits, and expatriate compensation and policies. Work collaboratively with tax, finance, legal and HR colleagues on all comp & benefit related matters as appropriate.
- Drive a compensation strategy that supports the company’s business and talent acquisition strategies to attract a highly-diverse, market-leading, multi-national workforce.
- Work closely with the senior leadership and external compensation consultants (i.e., Mercer and Radford) in partnership with the Head of Human Resources, to discuss new strategies and key decision-making related to executive compensation and survey related work.
- Develop and execute a multi-national benefits strategy that keeps the company competitive and progressive in all locations as it expands globally.
- Build a business-focused analytics capability to help inform decision making and an understanding of key workforce and talent trends.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Be a strategic partner with the leadership team to ensure that all compensation and benefits programs align with the strategic goals of the company and support driving a high-performance culture by rewarding and attracting top talent.
- Creating and driving a Total Rewards vision to be communicated throughout the organization to ensure understanding of all complexities.
- Thinking outside the norm around new reward programs. Able to quickly adapt to change and new priorities, and lead or participate in change initiatives at various organizational levels.
- Comfort and knowledge of analytical modeling. Experience with financial analysis including economic analysis, cost/benefit analysis or other actuarial analysis exposure is important.
- Driving the conceptualization, strategies, program development/design, implementation, and monitoring of results for all compensation, benefit programs (including base salary, short term incentives, long term incentives, equity administration), rewards and recognition, and benefits (including life, health, disability, retirement, pension, etc.).
- Reviewing and developing overall compensation structure, including salary structure, annual merit pay planning, bonus plan development and administration, sales compensation, equity compensation, and executive compensation.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate compensation, benefits, mobility and perquisite programs when needed for local employees in countries at the desired competitive level, integrated with local social programs, in compliance with regulatory requirements, and consistent with company business strategy.
- Developing and managing the communication strategy for colleagues and retirees regarding compensation and benefits policy provisions, and overall awareness and understanding of compensation and benefit programs.
- Interacting effectively with all organizations and business segments, finance, legal and HR.
- Overseeing the preparation and presentation of materials for the Board of Directors (from data analysis to recommendation and implementation) including meeting documentation and presentations.
- Serve as a strategic thought “partner” to Head of Human Resources and CEO with demonstrated analytic capabilities; top intellect required.
- Strong influencing skills & business acumen with ability to listen to and work with top business leaders, understand their business strategies and translate these strategies into talent and leadership strategies that support the business.
Bachelor's degree preferred - or equivalent work experience.
MBA, focus in Economics, ideal.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.