HR Business Partner – Entry Level
Location: Pleasanton, CA
HR Business Partner – Entry Level
The HRBP provide HR functional excellence for the assigned client groups and the organization as a whole with a focus on exceptional employee experience at the core of everything we do. A key part of the role will be face to face interactions with the employees and managers in addition to frequent internal communications and updates to the team on HR projects and programs to support the growth of the business. The role is based on site at the Pleasanton office. Relocation is not available.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible to change direction and approaches on a regular basis, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities and projects concurrently, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and make an immediate contribution.
Human Resources Generalist
- Function as a trusted advisor to the assigned managers and employees by rapidly building strong relationships across sites and teams within the business and the HR team to further your ability to support and advise all members of your client group.
- Coach leaders to enhance their impact on employees to address organizational needs such as building employee engagement, strengthening retention, and providing guidance on succession and talent review and career development.
- Assess and diagnose organizational capability to achieve business goals and design and deliver in partnership with the managers and HRD to provide targeted HR solutions for optimal performance and employee engagement.
- Contribute to, manage and implement the HR programs and processes such as annual focal compensation and total rewards programs. This includes both the administrative responsibilities as well as the client management.
Learning and Development:
- Design, administer, manage and facilitate the on-boarding of all 10X new hires and people managers.
- Co-facilitate other learning and development programs as needed.
Employee Experience, Culture and Organizational Development
- Champion and steward 10X’s unique culture - ensure that as we grow and build our HR capabilities, our HR practices are aligned with the culture and are supportive of the business objectives.
- Models good citizenship through respectful and effective communication in line with company values.
- As part of our focus on exceptional employee’s experience, understands, models and instills company culture. Influences, motivates and inspires others.
- Plan and/or support employee-specific events such as all hands meetings, off sites, social engagements.
- Draft, plan, and execute reactive and proactive employee communications, including regular newsletter and email updates on core HR processes and companywide initiatives to help all employees feel connected and up to date during a period of high growth.
- Effectively support employee relations dynamics, artful conflict resolution, and understanding of compliance and employment law.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with great discretion, judgment, and professionalism.
- Maintain an awareness of Human Resources principles, practices and the related regulatory environments and stay abreast of current employment law
- Conducts research and provides advice and assistance on employment related regulations both at the State and Federal level. Brings compliance related concerns to the attention of the HR Director/s.
- Manage and coordinate employee transfers, leave of absence and workers compensation claims.
- Become a resident expert on all HR policies, benefits, immigration processes, on boarding, off boarding, transfers, leaves of absence, workers comp. Triage within the HR team to ensure all administrative processes are processed and managed.
- Leverage and analyze HR data to guide decision making, priority setting, and opportunity identification.
- Pull HR reports for HRD’s and managers as needed.
- Serve as partner to the Talent Acquisition team to ensure workforce planning, hiring strategies are met in a rapid growth, high-volume hiring environment.
- Counsel on promotions and transfers and supports employee on and off boarding.
Required Skills and Background
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field; advanced degree in HR/OD preferred
- 1-4 years of progressive HR experience
- Highly Proficient in advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Website Design/Newsletter tools (i.e. Newsweaver, Google Sites, Slack etc.).
- Formal education/knowledge of talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations, organizational development, learning and development
- Ability to collaborate with teams of all shapes and sizes while also being able to work independently as a self-starter
- Exceptional client management skills, put the employee and manager needs first in every interaction
- Ability to execute a project from start to finish on time
- Ability to draft employee-facing communications
- Ability to scale programs efficiently
- Demonstrated success coaching, advising, and providing consultative support to leaders across multiple levels of an organization
- Experience with administration and reporting within HRIS systems such as Workday, Success Factors, ADP, and global tools a plus.
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision-making skills and a bias to action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style; ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Can-do, make it happen attitude
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects