Human Resources Director, Employee Experience and Culture
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
10x Genomics is looking for an experienced, strategic, collaborative and result-oriented leader for our Employee Experience and Culture (EEC) team. We believe that 10x’s success is due the talented and diverse talent (Life Science and Technology) that we hire, grow and retain. Working in partnership with key business leaders and functions throughout the organization, the individual will lead in the development, execution and anchoring of innovative sourcing and recruiting programs, that will enable 10x to attract and retain top talent.
The Director, Employee Experience and Culture (EEC) will collaborate with the CPO, Sr. Director EEC, 10X leaders and employees to drive employee engagement and create a phenomenal employee experience. This role will report to the Chief People Officer.
In this role, the individual must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
The ideal candidate will:
• Focus and demonstrate a passion to create an exceptional employee experience. Actively engaged in a proactive way with our employees and leaders on a global basis.
• Engage relentlessly (in a good way!) with our leaders and subject matter experts within HR (Recruitment team, Total Rewards team and Employee Experience and Culture Programs) to ensure that we can hire the “best of the best” and maintain our talent bar.
• Love data should be an exceptional problem-solver who strives to provide our leaders with actionable insights on the talent within their respective organizations
• Work strategically and proactively with our global leaders on employee relations, recruitment, organizational design, talent management, compensation, development, employee engagement and culture and all HR programs.
• Care deeply about our employee’s wellbeing and morale (office environment, perquisites) to allow 10X to drive high performance, innovation and a strong sense of community
• Value innovation and other perspectives
• Provide solutions
• Are execution focused and get things done
• Understand the business and believe in our mission
• Previous experience in an HR Business Partner role is critical.
• Ability to executive employee programs on a global basis and work strategically and proactively with CPO and Sr. Director EEC to create and implement process and programs on recruitment, culture, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and experience, employee roundtables, employee development (training and career development), compensation (Focal program roll-out), performance management, quarterly conversations and OKR roll-out and follow-up, employee onboarding and assimilation, college hire and intern programs, succession planning etc.
12+ years of Human Resources experience in a fast-paced global environment in either technology or life science.
Excellent knowledge of Country laws (EMEA) and the ability to assist our leaders with on-boarding, employee relations and employee actions. Experience in APAC is a plus.
Ability to travel 25%-30% is required.
Multilingual skills an advantage, proficiency in verbal and written English is essential
Preference for the successful candidate to be within commuting distance of our commercial headquarters in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Bachelor's degree preferred - or equivalent work experience.