IT Support Engineer
Location: Pleasanton Headquarters
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer with superb knowledge of Windows and macOS and extensive experience and skills in end-user support to join our IT Team. The Engineer must be highly organized, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, enjoy working with end-users daily, and have the ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Configure, deploy, and support desktops, laptops, and other end-user devices.
- Manage user accounts, security groups, mailing lists, and application access according to SOPs.
- Manage service desk, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a thorough, timely, and professional manner.
- Maintain detailed build documentation and change records.
- Support and maintain audio/visual and VoIP software and devices.
- Configure anti-virus, encryption, and other desktop security software.
- Maintain detailed hardware and software inventory.
- Off-hour support may be required on occasions.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 and macOS 10.8+.
- Experience in managing user accounts, security groups, and group policies in Active Directory. Experience with Mac management using Centrify a plus.
- Experience with endpoint protection and backup software such as ESET and CrashPlan.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting collaboration and productivity software including Gmail, GSSMO, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Solid understanding of networking and security concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPN, and encryption.
- Experience in administering Windows file server and print server.
- Experience with supporting VoIP and audio/visual systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux and VMware a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task, with a commitment to complete projects and tasks in a responsive, accurate, and timely manner.
- Strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users.