Lab Operations Associate
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Lab Operations Associate
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented, problem-solving individual. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, great communication skills, ability to prioritize a variety of tasks, and the ability to work independently. The Lab Operations Associate supports R&D scientists and engineers so they can keep developing our great products with speed, efficiency, and fun. This position reports to the R&D Lab Operations Manager.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Assist in maintaining R&D laboratory equipment (including day to day user maintenance, calibration, and preventative maintenance), along with the laboratory manager and service vendors
- Collect, analyze, document, and summarize data obtained from the calibration process
- Assist with the installation of new lab equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and coordinate the repair of lab equipment when necessary
- Be the point of contact for all lab-related service vendors
- Provide inventory management, in coordination with supporting vendors, and internal customers
- Provide general lab support, straighten and maintain laboratories, maintain lab coat inventory
- Performs duties as assigned in conjunction with Laboratory Operations Manager
Required Skills and Background
- Associate's Degree
- 2-3 years experience in a laboratory setting and understanding of laboratory environment
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and interacting
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Experience driving tasks and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and problem-solving
Desired Skills and Background
- College Degree
- Experience with biological instrumentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.