Manager, Commercial Insights
Location: Pleasanton, CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Manager, Commercial Insights
We are seeking a manager to build a commercial insights function at 10x Genomics. This person will work closely with senior leadership across the commercial organization to design, execute on, and broadly roll-out business intelligence projects and initiatives that span from high-level strategy to new product development to tactical marketing execution and sales planning. The senior manager will need to flexibly manage the needs of different groups within the commercial organization - strategic marketing, marketing communications, sales, support - while balancing insight generation with long-term infrastructure and process development.
- Creates and maintains a company-wide view of our markets, in collaboration with product managers and market segment managers.
- Develops and implements best practices in core business practices (e.g., business review preparation, forecasting, pricing decisions), in collaboration with the Strategic Marketing group.
- Helps drive the company’s strategic planning process.
- Works with senior leadership on ad-hoc analytics and insights projects.
- Creates and maintains reports and tools across different levels of the organization, from product managers to senior leadership, that scale access to insights to any and all relevant parties.
- Proactively identifies bottlenecks and areas for improvement in the business.
- Participates in improving the company’s enterprise data warehouse with an emphasis on enabling insight generation across the company.
- Serves as hiring manager for additional headcount as needed.
Required Skills And Background
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is preferred.
- MBA is preferred.
- ~5 years of experience in management consulting, business operations, or similar roles. Experience in the NGS Life Science industry is preferred.
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across functions and levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, comfortable working with ambiguity and independently setting priorities.
- High level of organization, capacity to multi-task, and emphasis on attention to detail.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability