Manager, Science & Technology Advisors – EMEA
Location: Remote - Western Europe
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Location: Western Europe, Field Based
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Manager, Science & Technology Advisors (STA)
As the team lead, the STA Manager is accountable for achieving and exceeding business objectives and managing their territory. The role will be based in our EMEA region. Deliverables for business objectives include developing & deploying execution strategies; recruiting, hiring, training, aid in managing and developing STA staff; collaboration with field sales and other commercial managers in the successful execution of cross-departmental projects; operate within a matrix environment; take lead on identified projects or programs for STA from conception to completion.
The STA Manager is responsible for sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio. The STA team will sell products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: EMEA. Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for major airport access.
• Help lead, inspire, and organize both tactical and strategic activities. Develop and optimize systems and tools to enable and track optimal performance. Ensures a high level of liaison with other departments to ensure co-ordination of activities and understanding of common goals. Provides regular reports on status of specific sales, the market and competitor activities.
• Develop training plans to ensure the STA team have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees.
• Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with clients including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
• Performs other duties as assigned. All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities
• STA is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of Single Cell and DNA products and applications within the 10x Genomics product portfolio, STA team expected to be a field technical expert
Required Skills and Background
• 5+ years successful track record in sales including 2+ years in genetics or a related life sciences field strongly preferred.
• B. S. in life science, chemistry or business required.
• Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line
• NGS Sales experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated track record of 3+ years management experience in a high growth start up or new division within a larger company
• Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
• Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
• Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to identify customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database required
• Additional language skills an advantage