Manager / Sr. Manager Marketing Analytics
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Manager / Sr. Manager Marketing Analytics
A champion for data driven decision making, this position reports to the Marketing Technologies leader and supports the broader Commercial group with insights and models used to increase Lead Generation and Growth inside the organization. This role will be a key member of the growth team at 10X and will be relied on to produce improved results, understand effectiveness of current marketing campaigns, drive effectiveness of the tools being used and identify/implement additional tools and programs. This role will work closely with various commercial teams as well as executive management. This individual is ready and willing to “roll-up their sleeves” and work to generate these analytic offerings.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, innovative and strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution. A proven ability to challenge status quo and actively voice opinions/ideas is required.
- Increase top of the funnel metrics for Lead Generation across multiple channels.
- Implement industry standard marketing analytics and reporting to provide transparency to the commercial organization on the development and quality of leads. Push forward analysis platforms and their use.
- Drive analysis for marketing campaigns to assess effectiveness of content, and advise Marcomm on the most effective campaigns, content and channel mix.
- Help marketing and sales teams measure and analyze lead progression through marketing & sales funnel by setting up dashboards in reporting and analytics platforms
- Identify, implement, and support the deployment of new marketing technologies to improve overall marketing performance, while managing our existing marketing technology infrastructure; this work will include gathering business requirements, selecting vendors, creating systems integration plans, designing systems, developing test plans and coordinating end-user training and deployment.
- Leading efforts to define and implement frameworks for measuring, reporting and analyzing commercial results in partnership with key stakeholders across broader commercial team
- Advise marketing functions on data requirements necessary to perform desired analyses; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required data
- Creates advanced and predictive models such as cost to acquire, cost to sell, cost to service, customer lifetime value, then assist marketing teams in using these models to adjust their tactical mixes
- Working with the business, operations, and IT teams to understand internal operational processes and source systems to understand data strengths and weaknesses
- Partner cross-functionally on key projects or programs requiring analytics insights
- Thought leadership in growth hacking techniques and shifting mentality of team to continuous improvement
Required Skills and Background
- BA/BS in Marketing, Analytics, CS, Data Analysis, Economics, or Business. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with 5-7 years of experience in analytics and data driven roles
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, ideally in analytics, research, and operations roles
- Healthcare, life sciences, and biopharma consulting a plus
- Change management experience with specific results identified.
- Experience with large data sets, SQL, CRM, Qliq and Tableau
- Experience with SFDC and Pardot highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Proven ability to establish and leverage credibility and rapport with senior executives and peers
- Proficient in data retrieval skills, use of Excel, SQL and data structure and modelling concepts
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems independently
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Based in the SF Bay Area
For more information, please contact email@example.com