Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Manufacturing Systems Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automation engineering and ideally has worked in a manufacturing setting. This individual will work alongside the manufacturing and process development teams and will maintain existing robotic systems used in the manufacturing of 10x Genomics reagent products. In addition, this individual will be a part of a team supporting the fast growth of the company. This individual will perform calibration, maintenance and qualification of equipment and will ensure day to day operations can occur smoothly.
Individuals applying for this position must have experience calibrating and maintaining manufacturing equipment. In addition, they should be action driven, flexible in changing direction and strategy, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple competing priorities, have excellent communication skills, work well in cross functional teams, and provide an immediate contribution.
- Responsible for calibration, maintenance and repair of equipment used in reagent manufacturing and QC.
- Responsible for qualifying incoming equipment and processes for reagent manufacturing operations: IQ, OQ, PQ. Producing documentation supporting equipment V&V
- Assist in programing commercial fluid handling equipment for production biochemistry processes.
- Responsible for gathering and reporting key metrics relating to automation equipment utilization, failure modes, up-time and availability.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- S. Degree in Engineering, pure or applied sciences, or related fields; >2 years’ experience. MS degree preferred.
- Experience with biotechnology lab equipment
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques
- Experience working with under ISO 9001
- Experience with JMP, Minitab or similar
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience programming robotic liquid handling systems.
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, LabView, C# or C++
- Experience working in development for commercial manufacturing.
- Experience taking new systems through Development and Transfer processes.
- Experience working in cleanroom environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.