Marketing Analytics & Data Governance Specialist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask scientific questions they didn’t know they could ask.
Marketing Analytics & Data Governance Specialist
A champion for data driven decision making, this position reports into the Marketing Analytics & Data Governance leader and supports the broader Commercial group with accurate data and deployment of governance procedures to increase Lead Generation and Growth inside the organization. This role will be a key member of the growth team at 10X and will be relied on to produce improved results, understand effectiveness of current marketing campaigns, drive effectiveness of the tools being used and identify/implement additional tools and programs. This role will work closely with various commercial teams in sales, marketing and marketing technologies. This individual is ready and willing to “roll-up their sleeves” and work to generate these analytic offerings.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, innovative and strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution. A proven ability to partner and lead change by challenging the status quo and actively voice opinions/ideas is required, while maintaining great relationships.
- Be an owner in defining and overseeing overall development/data governance and standards
- Accountable for data accuracy within all commercial reporting environments
- Responsible for platform-as-a-service performance as measured by the enablement of business outcomes
- Responsible for proposing technology solutions and getting buy-in from the organization, and then leading teams to implement such solutions
- Define and manage solution architecture in partnership with IT, to deploy a world class data warehouse solution, from idea to implementation ensuring that solution supports the business objectives, while maintaining the integrity of the overall enterprise architecture
- Provide technical leadership to team members and vendor resources (onsite and offshore), manages platform/technology vendors, including contracting
- Proactively identify and determine solutions to execute business objectives
- Represent technical POV in cross-functional team meetings for defining new requirements or resolving business issues as needed
- Maintain product technical knowledge and lead architecture design discussions
- Work with other platform leads and architects in Commercial and IT to design and implement high availability, high performance systems in support of strategic goals.
- Review the team’s work to ensure compliance to standards and best practices
- Leads and participates in cross commercial efforts requiring the integration of data and systems in order to drive business and customer outcomes
- Drives efficiency and improvements in media/social operations and strategy by advising/training on the effective use of platforms/data
Required Skills and Background
- Ability to anticipate business needs, drive clarity in ambiguous situations and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and executional skills; ability to build strategies and plans that align with business priorities
- Strong system and data Integration skills, as it relates to digital marketing
- Solid large project management skills to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Strong Business Analysis skills, documenting and developing operational and governance processes
- In depth understanding of Cloud technologies
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate & communicate complex information to multiple stakeholders both technical and non-technical
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed enhancements & innovations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- MBA or other related graduate degree preferred
- Overall technology experience of 6+ years
- 3+ years of related work experience, preferably in analytics, data, or marketing operations
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management (Ensighten, Tagman, other), A/B & multivariate testing tools, online survey tools and user experience tools.
- Advanced knowledge of reporting platforms and capabilities including Qlik and Tableau.
- Experience creating and managing solution design documents for analytics tools
- Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics certification (additional certifications are a plus)
- Experience with data integrations using strong data management principles
For more information, please contact email@example.com