Marketing Automation Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Marketing Automation Manager
This role will be responsible for developing our overall CRM strategy for the Marketo instance in Marketing Technologies and executing the plan in collaboration with Regional Marketing, Marcomm and MarTech colleagues. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in Marketing Automation Systems, strategies and best practices, database structure, segmentation, as well as big data management and manipulation technigues. Preferred qualifications include experience in the Life Sciences/Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) or high tech industry. The marketing automation manager position is part of the AMR Regional Marketing Team, reporting to the Sr. Director Marketing Technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing strategy and execution of email programs, marketing automation and customer databases to nurture customers through the marketing funnel from prospect to MQL. The ideal candidate can effectively apply customer insights, data science capabilities, creativity and knowledge of customer-buying behaviors to generate effective programs. Individuals applying for this position must have a test and learn mentality, be self-starters, biased toward action, excel at managing multiple priorities, be highly collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Understand Digital Marketing Strategy and manage lead nurturing program strategy across the organization, implement a general nurture stream strategy that meet the needs of the organization
• Design, automate, and execute Marketo campaigns
• Design, build, and test complex workflows independently
• Design and pull reports to create dashboards
• Make recommendations to stakeholders based on actionable insights
• Provide expertise and implement campaigns to build a best-in-class marketing database and increase engagement with customers over time, leveraging both marketing automation and general B2B marketing acumen
• Partner with local and global stakeholders to shape, build, and launch engaging email campaigns
• Minimum 4-6 years relevant experience
• Minimum 4 years experience in Marketo
• Experience with SFDC required
• Marketo Certified Expert
• Experience in business analytics and data analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Process and quality orientation with exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate and work in a cross-functional environment
• Thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline driven environment
Nice to Haves:
• Well-rounded marketing technologist familiar with/passionate about industry best practices
• Experience in B2B marketing
• Experience with other automation platforms
• Experience in software or high-tech marketing is a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in working in a remote position