Marketing Content Writer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Marketing Content Writer
The Marketing Content Writer assists in all aspects of content creation, review, and publication and is part of the global marketing communications team. The main responsibilities of this position include developing, writing and editing technical marketing materials that engage and educate customers, providing provocative sales tools that contribute to customer acquisition, training, and market development. The person in this role will develop captivating content that enhances our brand voice and aligns with the company’s strategy. A scientific background and experience in the single cell genomics and/or gene expression market and next generation sequencing (NGS) will make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment composed of Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, Technical Writers, Marcom Operations and Field Marketing teams, Designers, Web Developers, along with external agencies to help build whole story communications for inbound and outbound campaigns and creative.
- At the direction of Program and Marketing Managers, create content appropriate for digital, print and multi-media marketing materials, to include: website, blog, brochures, videos, animations, email, direct mail, white papers, researcher spotlights, and editorials with minimal direction and input
- Assist with social media content such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and others
- Copy-editing of customer facing marketing materials, both print and digital, to ensure grammatical and technical accuracy, consistency with corporate brand standards and guidelines, and that all customer-facing materials are legally compliant
- Create editorial calendar, collect and edit content from various contributors, and write original content for 10x digital and print newsletters. Coordinate with the digital designer to produce the piece, the social media team to promote content, and the email marketing team to deploy the content
- Write collaborative content under the direction of the Scientific Marketing Manager about or with Key Customers, Co-Marketing partners and industry influencers
- Maintain consistency across customer-facing materials for brand voice, language, and product messaging
- Detail-oriented and meticulous, able to uphold quality standards of style and grammar to produce high quality edited materials
- Manage projects and solve problems independently, effective at managing external resources, and excited to take on new assignments with minimal instructions and supervision.
- Excellent time management, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects successfully under tight timelines, be flexible, able to shift priorities when necessary to meet deadlines.
Required Skills and Background
- Masters degree in scientific discipline or equivalent (PhD degree preferred)
- Other degree in Scientific Journalism or Science Communications considered with experience
- At least 2 years of hand-on experience working in a genomics research lab preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing writing experience working within a global marketing organization with a focus on scientific instrumentation or medical devices
- Knowledge of genomics applications, including whole genome and exome sequencing, and single-cell gene expression or transcriptome analysis
- Demonstrated writing skills, with focus on clear, concise communication to targeted audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills
- A power user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of web content management systems like Wordpress preferred
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Background
- Proven knowledge of single cell analysis and/or gene expression, NGS products and market, along with understanding the buying influences of scientific customers
- Adobe InDesign and html experience a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.