Marketing Coordinator – AMR
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Marketing Coordinator - AMR
Reporting to the Global Tradeshow and Events Manager, the Marketing Coordinator (AMR) will oversee project management of integrated campaigns and regional marketing activities that further brand awareness, increase familiarity and demand for 10x Genomics’ products and solutions. The position will coordinate and assist in the planning and delivery of a wide range of AMR marketing events, including trade shows, conferences, customer events, webinars, advisory boards, VIP events, corporate team meetings, and more. The position will also have the opportunity to assist with Global Events as needed.
This will be a hands-on position in a typical start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate that isn’t afraid to take personal initiative to roll-up their sleeves and contribute to a wide variety of marketing functions. This is an exciting role for the right creative individual to apply your knowledge of the life science industry conferences and your exceptional communications, organizational and interpersonal skills to help grow our company. The position will be located in our Corporate Headquarter Office in Pleasanton, CA, USA.
- Act as a liaison between AMR Regional Marketing and Global Marketing with stakeholders in sales, support, R&D, and external participants
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and follow-up (including post-event reporting and ROI calculations) for all lead-generation events
- Create and submit booking forms for trade shows, seminars, user group meetings.
- Work with AMR Regional Marketing Managers to determine event budgets, manage expenses, process invoices and manage the PO process.
- Developing and maintaining event databases, coordinate event logistics, contracts, attendee registrations, collateral/material needs, quantity, production, shipping, distribution, installation, and dismantling
- Work with our internal Marketing Communications Team and external PR/Advertising agencies to promote events and drive attendance using PR, email, advertising, social media and web
- Manage events budget and vendors, including facilities, catering, shipping, graphics, printing, giveaways, and any other activity needed to facilitate event execution according to plan
- Manage tasks, teams, and reports using JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce and Pardot
Required Skills and Background
- Close proximity to and ability to commute daily to HQ office in Pleasanton, CA
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the global life science industry conferences and events
- Excellent written and oral English language skills essential
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite (Mail, Calendar), Concur, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce, Pardot (or other marketing automation system), Zoom or WebEx Meeting and Event Center
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality managing sensitive projects
- Knowledge of travel booking, with experience coordinating large group itineraries
- Outgoing, self-starter who can operate independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized, able to multitask with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and maintain composure during tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, executive leadership and industry KOL’s
- Ability to work within a matrixed organization
- Work may require occasional travel, including evenings and weekends, and attendance at events
Desired Skills and Background
- Genuine interest and passion for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) tools and technology
- Previous experience in life science tools and genomics technology is strongly preferred