Marketing Coordinator – AMR
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Marketing Coordinator - AMR
Reporting to the Sr Regional Marketing Manager, AMR,, the Marketing Coordinator (AMR) will oversee project management of integrated campaigns and regional marketing activities that further brand awareness, increase familiarity and demand for 10x Genomics’ products and solutions. The position will coordinate and assist in the planning and delivery of a wide range of AMR marketing events, including trade shows, conferences, customer events, and webinars. This position will also partner with Global Marketing to provide regional assistance for events such as major scientific meetings, VIP events, and customer advisory boards.
This will be a hands-on position in a typical start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate that isn’t afraid to take personal initiative to roll-up their sleeves and contribute to a wide variety of marketing functions. This is an exciting role for the right creative individual to apply your knowledge of the life science industry conferences and your exceptional communications, organizational and interpersonal skills to help grow our company. This position can be located either in our Corporate Headquarters in Pleasanton, CA, or remote within AMR.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and follow-up (including post-event reporting and ROI calculations) for lead-generation events
- Ensure rapid lead availability after events, coordinating with Inside Sales, Global Marketing, and Sales as needed
- Create and submit booking forms for trade shows, seminars, user group meetings.
- Work with AMR Regional Marketing Managers to plan activities that align to AMR strategic plan and determine event budgets, manage expenses, process invoices and manage the PO process.
- Developing and maintaining event databases, coordinate event logistics, contracts, attendee registrations, collateral/material needs, quantity, production, shipping, distribution, installation, and dismantling
- Work with our internal Marketing Communications Team and external PR/Advertising agencies to promote events and drive attendance using PR, email, advertising, social media and web as required
- Manage events budget and vendors, including facilities, catering, shipping, graphics, printing, giveaways, and any other activity needed to facilitate event execution according to plan
- Manage tasks, teams, and reports using JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce and Pardot
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the global life science industry conferences and events
- Excellent written and oral English language skills essential
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite (Mail, Calendar), Concur, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce, Pardot (or other marketing automation system), Zoom or WebEx Meeting and Event Center
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality managing sensitive projects
- Outgoing, self-starter who can operate independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely organized, able to multitask with exceptional time management skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and maintain composure during tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a matrixed organization
- Work may require occasional travel, including evenings and weekends, and attendance at events
Desired Skills and Background
- Genuine interest and passion for genomic technologies and their potential to positively impact the human condition
- Previous experience in life science tools and genomics industry is strongly preferred