Marketing Production Artist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
This is a contract position for potential full time employment in 2020.
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
The Production Artist will support the Brand and Marketing Communications team by producing approved designs in print and digital format. This work includes, but is not limited to, the production of application notes, product guides, journal and digital advertising, brochures, posters, flyers, direct mail, scientific illustrations, PowerPoint presentations, trade show exhibit materials, image requests, website updates and templates development.
- Work closely with our design staff to execute designs in various print and digital formats.
- Supports design staff in completing updates and revisions to existing files.
- Produce new collateral from templated designs while following brand guidelines.
- Exhibit design sensibility to suggest improvements and modifications of formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that brand standards are met.
- Produce digital mechanicals based on the creative concept layout while maintaining the creative integrity of the original concept.
- Review file specifications prior to releasing files and ensure adherence to standards of both the department and vendors. Preflight, collect and distribute artwork.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that are created and sent to print publications or vendors.
- Review digital and printer proofs for overall printability, including accuracy, clarity, content, registration, and color.
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) as well as MAC operating systems.
- Understand how to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Assist with department planning.
- Ability to lead production projects and work directly with project requesters
- Understands and complies with all ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Travel to vendor sites to supervise quality control of contracted services.
- Assist with photography and video shoot and production.
- Scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and prefighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging.
- Archiving and updating graphic files.
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud, Mac and PC OS, Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat, and adept at learning new programs and leveraging their strengths.
- Passion for working with scientific content and minding the finest details to create flawless work.
- Proven track record of receiving and effectively interpreting design directions and working independently.
- Strong fundamental design skills, including knowledge of typography, composition, and color.
- Confident in knowledge of industry standard printing practices and digital optimization.
- Organized and able to balance day-to-day tasks with special projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Offer high level of accuracy and detail to technical document projects including app notes and product sheet as well as trade show graphics, print and banner ads, brochures, product stuffers, invitations, presentations, newsletters and emails
- Able to establish good working relationships and communication across teams with a variety of personalities.
- Able to balance initiative with good judgment, collaborate with others to achieve results, taking pride in the product you create.
- Minimum two year’s training/experience in graphic and web design.
- Associate Degree or BA or BFA degree preferred.
- Up to five year’s industry experience with MAC and PC-based computers and software, image scanning, prepress work with web and offset printing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.