Marketing Programs Manager – Single Cell Gene Expression
Location: Pleasanton, CA
The Marketing Programs Manager leads the design and execution of worldwide marketing programs in collaboration with the 10x Genomics Commercial Team. The Marketing Program Manager is part of the global marketing communications team and drives the development and execution of multichannel inbound and outbound marketing programs to support key business objectives including awareness, education, and lead generation. A scientific background and experience in the single cell genomics and/or gene expression market will make you an excellent candidate for this position.
- Lead the development and execution of global, multichannel marketing programs with cross-functional teams to meet target results and objectives.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing, Marcom, Operations and Field Marketing teams along with external agencies to build whole story communications for inbound and outbound campaigns and creative.
- Support and drive the crafting of impactful value propositions, messaging, and content for key products and applications.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders (creative services, web, events, and external agencies) to drive development of tactical assets to support these plans, including digital and print advertising, website content, social media, marketing collateral, trade show materials, videos and multimedia, photography, sales tools, etc.
- Drive the creation, approval, and management of detailed and integrated program plans which define program goals, budget, metrics, resources, timelines, deliverables, execution strategies and contingencies.
- Drive regular and consistent communication including program check-ins, dashboards and postmortem reports outlining quantifiable results, program analysis and recommendations.
- Contribute to lead prospecting efforts for marketing programs, campaigns and events, including identification of lists, associations, and conferences as sources for target customers.
- Identify the need for and develop creative new tactics for program improvements when needed.
- Manage marketing program budgets to quarterly targets.
- Ensure that all deliverables meet corporate brand, legal, and regulatory guidelines as well as quality standards.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing or scientific discipline or equivalent (Masters degree preferred)
- Minimum of five years of marketing experience working within a global marketing organization with a focus on scientific instrumentation or medical devices
- Experience developing and executing inbound and outbound marketing programs to drive demand for new and existing products with internal and external agencies
- Ability to deal with high pressure, visibility and workload; demonstrated business acumen and business analytics skills
- Proven skills in leading/managing the execution of marketing program processes, projects and tactics
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills
- A power user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Background
- Proven knowledge of single cell analysis and/or gene expression products and market, along understanding the buying influences of scientific customers
- InDesign and WordPress experience a plus