Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
10x is seeking an outstanding engineer/scientist to join its Microfluidics Group. The candidate must be able to learn complex procedures, efficiently execute microfluidic characterization experiments, perform data analysis, and communicate results and observations effectively.
- Perform experiments and analyze data to help us develop robust microfluidic consumables
- Use your understanding of microscale transport phenomena and troubleshooting skills to engineer new products
- Communicate results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field, with an emphasis on microfluidics. Industry experience is a plus
- Experience with microscopy, fluorescence imaging, high-speed imaging, single cell analyses
- Excellent data analysis and critical thinking skills
- Thorough attention to detail, without the tendency to get lost in them
- Ability to deliver on a diverse set of tasks in a timely way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.