Microfluidics R&D Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x is seeking an outstanding microfluidics R&D engineer to join its Microfluidics group. We are looking for creative engineers who can develop robust microfluidic solutions to hard problems and enable path breaking discoveries in genomics. The engineer must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and efficiently execute complex microfluidic characterization experiments. We are looking for experimentalists but with a deep understanding and appreciation of fluid physics and transport phenomena.
- Design and develop microfluidic systems
- Perform macro- and microfluidic device characterization experiments and troubleshooting
- Perform data analysis and documentation
- Actively take part in developing new characterization techniques and in optimizing device design and performance
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, EE or a related field. Industry experience a plus.
- Detail oriented experimentalist in fluidic testing, data analysis and device characterization
- Demonstrated engineering skills and instincts in microfluidic system design including instrumentation
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with optics, microscopy and high-speed imaging are pluses
- Strong analytical and coding experience with Python, Excel macros, and simulation tools such as Comsol are highly desired