Microfluidics R&D – Intern
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
#GOEXPONENTIAL Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Microfluidics R&D Intern
10x is seeking an outstanding summer Intern-microfluidics R&D engineer to join its microfluidics group. We are looking for creative graduate students who can develop robust microfluidic solutions to hard problems and enable path breaking discoveries in genomics. The intern must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and efficiently execute complex experiments. We are looking for experimentalists with a deep understanding of fluid physics, and hands-on experience in developing optical solutions for microfluidic devices.
- Design and develop microfluidic systems
- Perform device characterization experiments and troubleshooting
- Perform data analysis and documentation
- Actively take part in developing new characterization techniques and in optimizing device design and performance.
Required Skills and Background
- PhD student in mechanical engineering, bioengineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with optics, microscopy and high-speed imaging
- Strong analytical and coding experience (Python or R)
- Detail oriented experimentalist in fluidic testing, data analysis and device characterization
- Demonstrated engineering skills and instincts in microfluidic system design including instrumentation
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with Image Processing tooling such as MATLAB, OpenCV
- Experience with machine learning methods is a plus
- Experience with real time signal/image processing is a plus
- Industry experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.