Payroll Assistant – Sweden
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Payroll Assistant - Sweden
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
A great office manager can help our business run like a well-oiled machine. We are looking for that ideal candidate to help in our next stage of growth. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory and supply controls, office staff/vendor supervision and task delegation.
Under the direction of the Director of R&D - Sweden and the Worldwide Corporate Controller, the office manager will need to be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats, experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Finally, this individual will need to be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office and research and development laboratory of diverse people. Individuals applying for this position must be a self-starter, problem solver, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can provide immediate contribution to the Sweden office.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, receiving, returns, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Point person working with external accountants for expense report review and approval, and employee input of vacation and sick time
- Act as local point of contact to manage daily communications with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Provide support to Procurement Team as needed on contract and price negotiations with local office vendors, and service providers
- Provide general support to visitors
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Assign and perform certain clerical and administrative responsibilities and tasks as needed and as the organization grows, hire the necessary staff to perform these duties
- Determine current trends and provide a review to management to act on
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a mid-sized company having worked in an office manager capacity
- BA Accounting or related degree is a plus
- Professional in both Swedish and English language – spoken and written
- Basic skills in accessing, placing and receiving goods in a cloud ERP system
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Proven track record in making improvements in processes
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.