Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com. #GOEXPONENTIAL
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
As a Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for working within the framework of a team and performing the following activities:
- Processing of the Semi-monthly US payroll for multi-state payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now payroll system for 400+ employees in a fast changing environment
- Prompt attention to Tax notices and ability to resolve all tax issues, registrations with Unemployment and Department of Revenue and other matters related to payroll withholdings
- Address day-to-day Employee/Team Members/Management questions and issues that arise related to payroll activities
- Perform thorough validation of new hires and employee changes from sources including self service reports
- Validate time off requests for Hourly employees into Time & Attendance System.
- Assist in the timely preparation of Census report to validate salaries, additional earnings, garnishments, benefit and 401K deductions, overtime calculations.
- Prompt response to HR requests related to EDD unemployment verifications and EDD audits
- Assist in 401K and Workers Comp annual audits as required
- Assist Finance and other teams with report requests in timely manner
- Ensure proper Payroll SOX Controls are met with each semi-monthly processing.
- Monitor 401K and Flexible Spending Plan contributions, funding and reimbursements closely
- 3+ years payroll processing experience • Ability to work Independently • Detailed oriented
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel Spreadsheets
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive and personal information
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Clear understanding of latest Federal, state, and local payroll regulations
- Positive attitude and ability to promptly handle multiple requests and meet strict deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.